onsdag 27 mars 2013

Kpop: Top 20 first quarter 2013

As I just realized I have been posting quite a lot of good music latetly, I thought I's round up my top 20 kpop favorites from the first three months of 2013. I rate song and video together, but will mention special cases where the video/song is clearly better than the other. I had actually thought to do only top 10, but I ended up with 20 videos I really want to tell you about. Lets start at the (still excellent) bottom and work upward:

20. RaNia - Just Go. Attitude and the right beat. That's enough really.

19. D-Unit - Talk to my face. Actually D-Units weakest song, but it is still good.

18. Teen Top - I wanna love. Nice flow even in the rap sections created an uptempo song that makes me happen to listen to.

17. Evol - Get up. The manage to pull of a monotone beat and rap to make a song I like, which I would not have betted on beforehand. Kudos to them.

16. My Name - We are the night. Nothing special stands out, it's just the refrain and general sound which is really likable and a bit bittersweet.

15. SHINEE - Dream girl. I expected a dramatic video from SHINEE and I got it, plus a kid of retro vibe I really like. It's really well crafted and could really have been top 10 but for the same reason that it feels a bit familiar.

14. BoA - Disturbance. The queen of kpop rules. One minute of BoA got more style than ten other kpop videos. Her presence is just over the top. I never miss a song from her.

13. MFBTY - Sweet dreams. While some may argue that the song is great too, it is the video that makes this a must see. A top list based 90% on the videos would put them top three this spring.

12. Sistar19 - Gone not around any longer. I couldn't actually care less about the (much talked about) butt-wiping part in this video, it is the song and refrain that matters, the melancholy and bitter tones.

11. H - Lose control. Hes got style, he's got the voice. Sooo sweet singing.

10. Speed - It's Over. The subunit from Co-Ed School has managed to establish them as a an act to be counted on having videos where both dance and music creates a whole that is not to be missed.

9. CN Blue - I'm sorry. One of the few more rock sounding songs in this list, but it really belongs here.

8. Hong Jin Young - Boogie Man. Modern trot with a nice song and smiling video.

7. Kim Sori - Dual life. Different video and a rather fresh song concept have given this one a top spot for me.

6. B2st ft A Pink - Oh my baby. Really an ad video, this just makes me cry inside that we dont have this kind of stuff in Sweden. Only thing that would make me return to watching normal TV.

5. Boyfriend - I Yah. Probably the strongest refrain loop this spring. I Yah, I Yah, I Yah!


4. Mr Mr - Highway. I *really* shouldn't care so much about the story in this video, but somehow it adds quite much to the overall value. Still, the song in itself is a given in my playlists.

3. Vixx - On and On. Nazi women using the boys of Vixx as artillery bullets to rescue a damsel in distress? Funny and alien styling? This video is just so fantestic *but* the song is top notch too.

2. Dasoni - Good bye. I really liked Exid's song "Every Night", so I was frustrated when they created a sub-unit which then would potentially hinder new songs from Exid. But I was soo wrong. This is a pop classic and the one I have played the most on my iphone.

1. Girl's Day - Expect. Wow. The video, the song and the text just fits perfectly together.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar